How Online Casinos Work – Understanding Odds and Payouts

There are three major aspects to understanding how an online casino works—legal, financial, and technological. An understanding of the workings of an online casino, their random number generators, payout percentages, and game odds not only increases players knowledge, but also improves their gaming experience and helps them enjoy the games better.

Legalities

The burning question in the mind of every Australian online casino player is whether it is legal for Aussie players to play for real money at an online casino. The good news is that it is 100% legal for an Australian resident to sign up for real money play at an online casino licensed in remote, but reputed gambling jurisdictions such as Kahnawake, UK, Antigua and Barbuda, Alderney, Costa Rica, Gibraltar, and others. Australia has a set of online gambling laws that prohibit online gambling companies operating within its borders from offering and advertising online casino gaming services to its residents. But the law does not penalize residents who play at offshore online casinos.

We at Aussie Online Casinos have drawn up a list of highly reputed, licensed, safe, and secure online casinos that accept Australian players, allow them to play in Australian Dollars, and offer banking methods that are safe and convenient for Australians.

Australian players, therefore, need not think twice before registering at any of the online casinos we recommend.

Banking

Online casinos are required to maintain player funds and operational funds separately. The cashiers are always as secure as banks because they implement the latest SSL encryption and firewall technology, making it impossible for anybody to hack the casino website and steal player details. Thanks to the sound privacy policy and sophisticated money transfer technology that our recommended casinos use, player’s funds, monetary transactions, and personal details are 100% safe and secure.

Casino Gaming Technology

Casinos had to work hard to create online games that were fun to play, realistic, as well as 100% random. While playing for real, it is impossible to predict the results of a game of chance. Online casino games had to be just as unpredictable, making it difficult for players to guess the results. Software developers used complex algorithms to create randomness and random number generators that made it absolutely impossible for anybody to predict the outcomes of a game. This random number generator technology, carefully tested by independent companies, make online casino games 100% safe, fair, and random, just like the games played at brick-and-mortar casinos.

Game Odds and Payout Percentages

Two more aspects of online casino gaming that players must understand are game odds and payout percentages. Before playing at any online casino, players should understand that the house always wins. In fact, the house is guaranteed to win a specific amount of money in the long term. Casinos use payout percentages to control the amount of money players can win while playing the online casino games collectively.

For example, an online casino that offers a portfolio of 10 slots has a payout percentage of 90%. This indicates that players will win 90% of every dollar wagered on the game while the casino gets to keep the other 10%. While this does not happen every time players spin the reels of a pokie game, it indicates an average of how much players can win in the long run, over hundreds and thousands and sometimes millions of spins.

Top Online Casinos Listing

Beginners Articles